Round Rock Contest 2018
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Round Rock Competition was first created back in 1951 by C.E. Shaw, a popular Gig Harbor figure who was always looking for ways to have fun. Shaw had become well known for entertaining Gig Harbor with Rooster Races in the 30's and 40's. The concept for the contest is simple. Participants search for the roundest natural rock they can find and submit it to the Harbor History Museum between July 24th and August 1st, 2018. The winners of the Round Rock Contest will be announced at the HHM Vintage Fair on August 11th, 2018. Cash prizes will be awarded to the five rocks judged to be the most perfectly rounded rocks. First Prize = $100, Second Prize = $50, Third Prize = $25, Fourth Prize = $15, Fifth Prize = $10.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR PROGRAM SPONSOR!
To participate, contestants must follow these rules and regulations:
· Rocks must be submitted to the Harbor History Museum by Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 along with affidavit.
· All rocks or stones must be no larger than 6 inches in diameter at the widest point. The smallest rock or stone that can be entered must not be less than 1½ inches in diameter at its narrowest point.
· Rocks or stones are judged by their spherical measurement, as of a perfect sphere. In case of a tie where two or more stones are the same ratio in measurements, the texture and quality together with smooth surface will be the deciding factors. Where everything is equal between two rocks, the largest rock has preference.
· All rocks and stones must have their natural surface and must not be scratched, mutilated, or shaped in any way.
· All rocks or stones to qualify must be of such hardness that they cannot be scratched with the ordinary pocket knife.
· All rocks or stones to qualify must have been found in Washington State.
· Each person entering the contest is limited to one entry.
· One winner allowed per household (Top rock of household will win).
QUESTIONS? Contact Zachary Sokolik, Marketing and Events Coordinator at Harbor History Museum at Marketing@HarborHistoryMuseum.org.